
Today was incredible! Vanessa's production of stem cells must have been in overdrive!
They were hoping to harvest 11 million, they got close to 19 million and the quality was great so no need for more shots or another harvest (called apheresis).
They were hoping to harvest 11 million, they got close to 19 million and the quality was great so no need for more shots or another harvest (called apheresis).
Michelle's note- In true Vanessa fashion her stem cells were hot pink not just regular pink! So Vanessa! Somehow I envision hot pink stilettos going in there to kick some ass! Ok so I could not find the right stilettos but these are so Vanessa and even her favorite designer!

Valerie rested today. Found out best to take meds to head off nausea so then she can get a little food down. It's 9:30 now. Valerie is sleeping, Vanessa icing her arms, Sherry and Craig relaxing. I will stay the night at hospital. It is a privileged to be part of this and to see all of the miracles first hand. The big day is tomorrow. Please pray for acceptance and that the new baby stem cells get busy making bone marrow and then blood ready to fight and kill the leukemia. Usually takes 2-3 weeks before results start to show up.
God bless us all!
GayLynn

Hey Snail I am one of your "new friends" from the Infusion Room at Scripps (Wednesday mornings) and just wanted to get in a AttaGirl for you! We are thinking of you, got our fingers crossed and hope you have a good T-Day with your peeps! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteDana
P.S..... I am so computer illiterate I don't even understand how to "select a profile" so I put anonymous, even tho' I aint. Hope it still works!