Saturday, September 19, 2009

Snail's Last Bag

Last bag of chemo went up today so tomorrow is a huge celebration!!! 1st round, check! Everyone can have a little mini celebration at around 2:30pm Pacific Time. She is really really tired today and very sick to her stomach. It has been a long day but she should receive the transfusion soon and that should make her feel better. My mom sent out an update to some of you this afternoon so I apologize if you are seeing this twice:

"I wanted to thank all of you who have prayed for Valerie, called or e mailed us or sent flowers and cards. They have all been so very appreciated. I am limited to the e mail I have with aol so if I don't have someones e mail they are not included in this I would appreciate it if you would send this to other family members and friends who may to be in this list. Valerie is in day 6 of the first 7 day chemo set that is meant to take her blood counts (red and white, platelets and all) way low killing all bad cells, the problem is it kills the good one too. She still need all the prayers she can get, specifically pray for a full recovery, without leftover side effects. Right now pray against infections within her body and that when the first chemo group is complete on Sunday morning she can begin to regenerate good healthy cells within her body. Unfortunately the did let her know that she will have other courses of Chemo with her specific type she has to be in hospital. Please also pray for her emotional state it has sunk in in the last two days, she is "with it" enough to be understanding what has happened and what she is in for in the near future. She has a very hard road ahead of her. Because the costs that wont be covered (they are going to be "scary") our family has set up a Foundation where she can receive donations to assist her. Any donations for Valerie can be made out to "Valerie Seastrom Foundation" and sent to either my home, (744 Amanda Pines Drive Parker, Co 80138) Chris Rediger (7535 S. Jackson Gap Way, Aurora Co 80016) or directly to the bank at U S Bank, 22675 Aurora Parkway, Aurora Colorado 80016. I want to thank Chris, Greg and GayLynn for making this happen for Valerie. I find it still very hard to leave her side. Things change hourly here and we are grateful for a terrific team of Dr's and nurses that study her numbers and medical treatments everyday and change course or stay on track accordingly. Everyday is a new adventure and with the strength from our Lord in Heaven she will get through this! Thank you again for all your prayers and gifts for Valerie. PS if you have an extra second pray for Mom to stay strong too, I am finding it though sometimes."


I added a lot of people to the distro today so let me recap a few things:

Valerie has limited visitors because her immune system is so low, even though I know she would love nothing more than to see her friends and family.
If you would like to send her an email please send it to me and I will get it to her right away.
If you would like to send a card or something please send them to: Valerie's apartment at Valerie Seastrom 4445 Fanuel Street #5, San Diego, CA 92109 (her roommate can bring it to the hospital) or Brent's apartment at Brent Faville 2032 Cypress Ave. #19, San Diego, CA 92104 (he lives really close to the hospital and goes home every once in a while).
She is not allowed to have flowers but any flowers she received early on she was able to enjoy and then I took a ton of pictures of all of them. This gave us a great idea! Bob bought Valerie a beautiful and huge digital frame and I built a memory card with about 200 pictures to brighten up her room. She loves to see everyone's smiling faces and watches it everyday. 200 sounds like a lot but it was actually a quick job because I did not have my picture files and they repeat a bit too often. While I am home I am going to build a bigger card with probably about 500 pictures so if there are any you did not send me before please do by Monday morning so I can make sure it is ready for when I leave on Tuesday.
If you were just added and want to get caught up, just scroll down. All of the past emails are below.

Go Team Snail!

No comments:

Post a Comment